Mongolian Women’s Fund’s Grant Making Program, by creating a nationwide fund, aims to provide financial and technical support for women’s groups and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) working on women’s rights in Mongolia, to create positive changes in women’s lives and to ensure the implementation of women’s human rights in line with the principles of respect for human rights, transparency, being free from conflict of interests and cooperation development.
MONES will make grants in the following strategic areas in 2016-2020:
- Support gender equality and end gender based discrimination
- Promote good governance, accountability and transparency for women
- Increase women’s participation in women’s movements and decision-making level
- Empower girls and young women
- Promote women’s rights and environmental justice; increase women’s adaptability to climate change
- Improve the life quality and status of women.
Following the above-mentioned strategic areas, grants will provide financial support to help ensure the rights of the community for the marginalized groups; to resolve issues that are hidden or have existed in an invisible manner; to ensure gender equality to protect human rights and women’s rights; to have women’s voices heard at the decision-making level in order to improve policy and legal environment; to support full participation; to support cooperation and movements; and to create opportunities and additional resources for girls and women.
MONES staff will use these regulations as guiding principles and operational guide to implement its grant making program and to provide funding for grantees.
Applicants for the MONES grant shall comply with these regulations from the time of grant application until they finalize implementing the project with the grant.